Monday, February 8, 2010

Vacation!

Today I learned that men naturally have 10%-15% higher metabolism than women. And that after the age of 20, metabolism slows by 2% per decade. And 4% per decade after 40!!! This can, of course, be completely different based on our individual diets and exercise plans and even genetics.

Still running. My legs feel like they're going to fall off. Chito let me walk today so I could let my muscles heal so that I'd be ready for... yes, longer runs. I'm aiming for 5 miles.

It was my birthday on Saturday. I only had ONE slice of cake! Oh and maybe 3 or 8 too many drinks. I DON'T REMEMBER. I was hoping they'd make their way up and out but they didn't, but I ran them off either way the next day.

Can't wait to get back to work, I'm bored! I'm grateful though for the opportunity to relax and be able to focus on my health these past few days.

Been reading a lot about green tea, which is my only beverage other than water. And beer. And tequila. It's an amazing thing that I'll save for my next blog!

If anyone is interested in going for a walk or jog let me know. I don't always have a partner to run with and it's so boring I want to give up sometimes.


Posted from my iPhone.

No comments: